Saturday 13 July 2013

Long Time... (Part one)

I have been away from personal blogging, well, from this blog for about, o god... two years! how crazy is that?! I was literally just like aw, I remember this blog I used to have people read it.. .. Let go check on it. I completely forgot how much I enjoyed it! so this is me getting back into the swing of it. Hope no one ha dis-owned me!!!

Okay, this pot might actually end up being so long (Because, genuinely, my life ha changed quiet a bit in these past two years) I might do a part one and two. I think you guys deserve a full explanation.

PART ONE.

I'll begin to explain what I've gotten up to in my first year of absence.

Okay, so I was in my last year of College and I was really, really, struggling to decide what it was that I was going to do next, and I found that my college was being FAR too pushy about it, they were basically saying if I do not go to uni I will fail in life, ect ect. And on top of that my tutors, I found, were SO unsupportive, in regards to that they just never gave me the time of day, they would jut basically say that my work and coursework was crap and not help me with it and they just put me down so much, and this was when I fell into a bit of a depression.

I blocked completely everyone out of my life, my friends and my family, it was a really sad time and low point in my life. My family was worried because I had stopped going to classes and they were upset because I was upset and so on and so on. And it really was a dark point in my life, I lost complete self confidence and belief and whilst all my friends were getting hyped up for uni and getting interviews and offers, I felt very alone.

so what happened next? Basically, in my last post I began to talk about how I has taken up photography in College and how I really enjoyed it! and I did, Photography was probably the only class throughout that year were I did not skip a single lesson and had everything always handed in on time and everything. From this I fell in love with art. Not just Photography but the whole Art department in my college, I loved how it was full of unique and different personalities and characters! So I knew pretty much, that the Art field is defiantly somewhere were I want to peruse in and my college held a third year, which was for Art Foundation students, so without hesitation I applied for that. I finally felt like I was getting back on track and I was beginning to feel really positive and excited about my life again.

Until, the Art foundation interviews came, now I was feeling pretty confident, teachers were saying to me that I would be fine, and that they always let current student of the college progress into this course, so I was feeling optimistic. To cut a long story short, I did not get a place. which I was really confused by and everyone who I told (teachers) were shocked as well. I was like well, you guys were the ones who made the decision? So, again, I got really confused :(
HOWEVER, I felt really strongly and passionate about this, so what I did was confront the head of the Arts department and ask why? and also if there was any chance that there were any spaces left? So to cut a long story short I had another interview with him, and he gave me a place onto the course there and then. Which was fantastic, I was content to say the least hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment